Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 February 2011

Background Information

The pre op diet is going quite well, have had a couple of small lapses (maltesers-the lighter way to enjoy chocolate, apparently) but all in all not too bad.  I am kind of fighting with myself at the moment, thinking this is the last week I shall "properly eat" for a long time and  I'm spending it on a low fat diet!  I have in fact spent the last few months pigging out knowing I was going to get the band done but still  I feel robbed.  I think my brain now automatically thinks - not anothoer diet and I instantly feel down, but this time I just keep telling myself it is for my op and I feel much more positive about it.

I have spent the last 24 years on and off diets, you name it I have done it.  I have been all sizes, infact I keep my wardrobe sized and it has varied between a size 8 to a size 24.  At the moment I still have a couple of size 10 items in it but I am wearing a size 20 at the moment so not at my heaviest.  I remember the very first time I joined a slimming club I had 15lbs to lose and I thought it was the end of the world.  Now if I was to lose 8 stone that would bring me down to that first joining weight!!!  So after 24 years of yo-yo dieting I am praying the gastric band will finally help me conquer my weight problem.

1 comment:

  1. the pre op diet was sooooooooooo hard! But like you, id spent about 3 weeks before that eating like a lunatic! Wont be long until your banded, it'll be worth it x

    ReplyDelete