Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Pre Op Diet

Well today is the day I finally start the pre op diet.  As with every other diet I have ever been on (and there have been many) it was a case of I'll start tomorrow.  I should of started 5 days ago but well better late than never.  It is supposed to be a low fat diet to shrink my liver to make the operation easier - obviously easier for the surgeon as if diets were easy for me I wouldn't need the bloody operation in the first place.  But that said I am looking forward to the operation, I am travelling to Belgium to have a gastric band with Dr Chris De Bruyne on the 25th February 2011.  I type the date in full as I believe it will be a very significant date in my life, the beginning of my banded life.  I spent many months (much to the annoyance of my husband) researching all the options for weight loss surgery.  My darling hubby said it was taking over my life and you know what it had.  My weight has been such an issue for me for so many years that just the thought of finally finding a way to help me control the weight did become all consuming.  I felt I could not wait the 2-3 years on the NHS waiting list so ploughed on with finding the right procedure for me (Gastric Band) then looked into which surgeon I wanted to do the operation and whalah here we are finally starting the pre op diet in preparation for my banding in Brussels on the 25th.

1 comment:

  1. i know how you feel, for 6 months wight loss surgery took over my life! every evening i was sat infront of the pc joining forums, researchig which op, surgeons, providers etc.

    Good luck on the pre-op diet x

    ReplyDelete